The impacts of globalization are far reaching especially in regard to the business sector. Managers and executives with personnel responsibility often stumble across the German Legal System in general and the German Employment Law in particular. The relations between employers and employees are subject to legislation, collective agreements and contracts of employment. As the law is spread on numerous acts it seems to be confusing. This seminar, which will be presented in English, covers central issues of this law and gives an overview of the underlying key aspects. It is specially created for managers and executives.
Furthermore it is addressed to interested German-speaking participants wanting to familiarize themselves with the legal framework and the specialized terminology.
• What are the principles and sources of the employment and labor law in Germany?
• What are the rights and duties of an employer and employee?
• How can an employer-employee relationship be terminated?
• What are the tasks of the works council?
• How is the labor court procedure structured?
• What are the current changes you should know about
(e.g. transparency concerning applicable working conditions)?
Expatriate managers and executives working in Germany, interested German-speaking participants wanting to familiarize themselves with the legal framework and the specialized terminology of German Employment Law
18. September 2023